Saturday, October 31, 2009
Service Above Self
About an hour ago, just as I had heated up my dinner a woman approached me, obviously lost. I was wearing my Southwest Airlines Halloween costume at the time. She had an airline, a flight number, and time of arrival, but couldn't find the information on the Arrivals marquee. I left my dinner sitting on the table and eagerly jumped up to help her. I had to tote my bags all with me because you just don't leave bags unattended at the airport. We walked over to the marquee and scanned all the flights. Both of us learned then that the marquee's information changed every 10 seconds or so, and there were no arrivals from Pensacola. It took about ten minutes for us to be looking in the same spot as where the actual flight was going to flash. By the time we found it, the marquee changed again. Then I thought to see what concourse NWA flights had in common. That was the key. With all of the correct information, I pointed her in the right direction, and felt a sense of pride in being able to help her. Even though my food wasn't hot anymore, it was my pleasure to do that. I would live at the airport if I could help people like that everyday. That's what service is about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment