Saturday, October 10, 2009

Chili Bash at the 7th Heaven Hangar at Wittman Field

Omigosh! It just keeps getting better! I was able to go to the Chili bash while Michelle ran errands in Oshkosh. I met Wayne Daniels who is the president of the chapter. I brought along some of the pictures Brian gave me from his air racing career and a book called Air Shows from Walter Boyne's collection. Wayne enjoyed the pictures, and since he has a Sonex, he knew what a Sonerai was, and he told me John Monnett was a member of this chapter. I usually suck at mingling, but obviously, when it comes to aviation that isn't the case. I continued to mingle and met a man named Jim Cunningham who is writing biographies of Steve Wittman and Bill Brennand. He flew into the Chili bash from Illinois. I then met Bill Brennand who owns the Brennand Airport here in Neenah, and I also met Doc Mosher who flew a lot of early aerobatic air shows waaaay back when. It was amazing all of the people in aviation I met and it really reinforced to me how important it is to preserve my corner of aviation history.

No comments:

Post a Comment